Turner’s Milk Paint is a water-based paint available in 16 colours which contains casein (a protein extracted from cows-milk) from Morinaga milk and uses acrylic as a binder. These paints dry to a matte, water-resistant finish and can be used on walls, wooden furniture, signs or interiors for a streaky or mottled ‘antique’ look. The range includes 16 muted pastel tones which replicate the rustic appearance of early American furniture, and a series of water-based mediums which can be used to alter the consistency or the finish of the paint:
- an Antique Medium, which can be used to create a weathered, ‘shabby chic’ appearance to paint layers (especially those one wood or wooden furniture);
- a Dust Medium, which imparts a dusty, antique appearance to the paint layers;
- a Cracking Medium, which causes paint layers to craze as if they have suffered severe weathering;
- a Plaster Medium, for use under paint layers for a stuccoed texture, or for mixing with Turner’s Milk Paints for impasto effects;
- a Multi Primer, which will render smooth surfaces suitable for the application of Turner’s Milk Paints;
- a Rust Medium, which will mimic the effects of oxidation on a painted metal surface;
- a Clear Top Coat, which improves the durability of the casein paint, imparts a glossy sheen to it, and protects the colours from UV bleaching.
This is a 200ml tub of Turner Plaster Medium. It can be used under paint layers or mixed with casein paints to give them more body, for impasto style effects.
To use as a plaster, stir the medium and apply it to the surface using a palette/painting knife or a wooden spoon. Do not dilute it. Spread the Plaster Medium over the surface like butter then either leave the medium to dry or create texture by scratching it with a fork, dragging bristle brushes over it, or repeatedly dabbing at the surface with a wooden spoon or spatula. Apply Turner’s Milk Paint only once the plaster layer is completely dry.
|Shipping Weight (kg)||0.2950|
|Country of Manufacture||Japan|
|To use with||Mural & Scene|
|Animal Derived Ingredient||N/A|
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to write one!
Write Your Own Review
If you have used this product and would like to share your experience with other artists, please log in to leave a review