Turner’s Milk Paint is a water-based paint available in 16 colours which uses casein (a protein extracted from cows-milk) as a binder. These paints dry to a matte, water-resistant finish and can be used on walls, wooden furniture, signs or interiors for a streaky or mottled ‘antique’ look. The range includes 16 muted pastel tones which replicate the rustic appearance of early American furniture, and a series of water-based mediums which can be used to alter the consistency or the finish of the paint:
- an Antique Medium, which can be used to create a weathered, ‘shabby chic’ appearance to paint layers (especially those one wood or wooden furniture);
- a Dust Medium, which imparts a dusty, antique appearance to the paint layers;
- a Cracking Medium, which causes paint layers to craze as if they have suffered severe weathering;
- a Plaster Medium, for use under paint layers for a stuccoed texture, or for mixing with Turner’s Milk Paints for impasto effects;
- a Multi Primer, which will render smooth surfaces suitable for the application of Turner’s Milk Paints;
- a Rust Medium, which will mimic the effects of oxidation on a painted metal surface;
- a Clear Top Coat, which improves the durability of the casein paint, imparts a glossy sheen to it, and protects the colours from UV bleaching.
This is a pack of two 100ml tubs of Turner Rust Medium, one 'Reddish Brown' and one 'Dark Brown'. These acrylic mediums are designed to create the appearance of rust on metal surfaces.
Turner Rust Medium should be applied in three layers with a rough bristly brush. First, apply a layer of the Reddish Brown Rust Medium across the whole surface which you wish to distress. Allow this layer to dry completely, then add another layer of Reddish Brown and Dark Brown Rust Mediums mixed 50:50, taking care not to cover the first layer completely. Once dry, partially cover this second layer in turn with pure Dark Brown Rust Medium. This process will produce an authentically mottled and varied layer of imitation rust. Can be used over a layer of clear Multi Primer or over Turner Milk Paints.
|Shipping Weight (kg)||0.2900|
|Country of Manufacture||Japan|
|To use with||Mural & Scene|
|Animal Derived Ingredient||N/A|
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to write one!
Write Your Own Review
If you have used this product and would like to share your experience with other artists, please log in to leave a review